Tips to Crack SBI PO Exam 2017
Hi students, SBI PO exam around the corner and all the aspirants have been working hard to crack the exam.So, this article is written by one of our most experienced writer who has served in a nationalised bank for many years and he been teaching students preparing for banking exams. He has shared some great tips for our readers to crack the SBI PO Exam.
No. of Vacancies: Around 2300
Preliminary Test Dates: 29th and 30th April 2017 and 6th and 7th May 2017. Roll Number of the candidate can come on any day of the four days mentioned.
Pattern: The preliminary examination would have 100 questions of one mark each. Section-wise 35 questions would be relating to Reasoning Test; 30 questions would belong to Quantitative Aptitude Test and the remaining 30 questions would be from English Language Section. Preliminary Examination would be online test and the marks obtained in the preliminary examination are not going to be counted in the Main Examination. Preliminary Examination is a benchmark that you must qualify in order to appear in the Mains/second phase. The criteria of the examination agency conducting the preliminary examination is to shortlist the candidates for the main examination upto a maximum of 20 times the number of jobs separately for the general category and the reserved category.
- The experience shows that the section of Quantitative Aptitude takes much of the time due to the calculations involved; Test of Reasoning also consumes your ample time as you have to put pressure on your mind for logical thinking when your mind is already under stress. English language test consumes the least time provided your hold on the language is at least above average.
- Always Remember the Golden Rule: “Accuracy First, Speed Afterwards.”
- We strongly believe that do not take the upcoming SBI PO Exam – or any other job test; as a tough competitive examination. You must take it like any other educational test. You must ensure 40% marks or more in each of the three sections and you are sure to WIN THE JOB for the General Category. For the Reserved Category candidate, the required Scoring Rate must be above 33% section-wise. However, the actual cut-off marks are decided by the Examination Agency.
Helpful Tips for Cracking the Preliminary Examination
- First of all, attempt only those questions the answers to which you know without even an iota of doubt.
- At the same time, you must ensure that you have to attempt at least 12 to 15 questions from each section with correct answers to ensure your victory.
- Proper planning and devoted preparation together lead you to the path of victory. You have approximately 2-⅓ months of time before you. Study and practice at least six hours a day; devoting 2 hours for each section daily on an average with a recess of 10 to 15 minutes before moving on from one section to another section. Remember that PRACTICE MAKES A MAN PERFECT. Consistent efforts must be made on regular basis. Take up one Mock Test daily for each section at the institute.
- For the Reasoning Section, you must practice questions relating to Coding-Decoding, Ranking, Direction and Distance, Blood Relationships, Calendar, Time and Clock, Numerical/Alphabetical Series, Odd-One Out, Analogy, and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
- For the Quantitative Aptitude Section, you must practice questions relating to Number System, Square Roots and Cube Roots, L.C.M. & H.C.F., Percentage, Profit & Loss, Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Average, Ratio and Proportion, Work and Time, Time and Distance, and Mensuration.
- For the English Language Section, you must practice questions relating to Comprehension, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Completion, Parts of Speech, Error Detection, and Vocabulary Test.
- Examination is somewhat similar to elections. Approximately 80% of the candidates applying actually appear for the examination. If you get 40% of the votes in the elections or 40% of the marks in each of the three sections – YOU ARE THE WINNER.
- Faculty members are just the strategists. They guide you well and explain you the strategy to crack the examination as a soldier in the army is explained how he has to kill the enemy as well as to save himself. Actual position in the battle front may be different than what is taught in the war room.
- Let us think positively. You are sure that you actually know the correct answers of 25 to 30 questions from the first section or from the second section. You may get tempted to mark the right choice for all those. But you must also keep in mind that the time is running out and you have to attempt the questions from the other sections also. So, Follow Time Limits – Not More than 20 Minutes for each section. Skip the tough questions. Always keep Sectional Cut-Off in Mind.
- And suppose negative happens. You do not know the correct answers to say more than six questions from a particular section. If you leave the remaining questions without attempt; then your position is like surrendering unconditionally before the enemy. In such a situation when the victory appears to be far away from you, it is advisable to make guesswork. And with the blessings of God, you may turn your defeat into victory with good guesswork. But don’t forget that the guesswork is not always right.
Other posts you might be interested in: