SSC CGL Notification 2018 Out
Much awaited Notification of the year i.e. SSC CGL 2018 notification has finally released officially. The last date to apply for SSC CGL 2018 Exam is 4th June, 2018. Check Examination dates in the below provided table. Once the applying part is done, shift your focus on exhaustive preparation as the competition is extreme.
SSC CGL Notification 2018 has clearly specified SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process. Scroll down to get updated.
|Starting Date to Apply Online||5th May 2018|
|Last Date to Apply Online||4th June 2018|
|Date of Examination for SSC CGL Tier-I||25th July-20th August 2018|
|Date of Examination for SSC CGL Tier-II||27th to 30th November 2018|
|Date of Examination for SSC CGL Tier-III||To be notified later|
|Date of Examination for SSC CGL Tier-IV||To be notified later|
SSC CGL 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Some of the essential points to read in this years’ SSC CGL Notification are as follows.
The age reckoning date has been kept for 01.08.2018 (1st August 2018) by the Staff Selection Commission.
|Name of the SSC Post||Age Limit|
|Statistical Investigator||up to 32 Years|
|Assistant Audit Officer in Audit & Accounts Department under CAG||up to 30 Years|
|Assistant Enforcement Officer in Department of Revenue||up to 30 Years|
|Assistant in Intelligence Bureau||21 to 27 Years|
|Assistant Section Officer (ASO) in Central Secretariat Service (CSS)||20 to 30 Years|
|Sub Inspector in National Investigation Agency (NIA)||up to 30 Years|
|Sub Inspector in Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)||20 to 30 Years|
|Sub Inspector Narcotics||18 to 25 Years|
|Tax Assistant in Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC)||20 to 27 Years|
|Other Posts||18 to 27 Years|
The relaxation in the upper age limit has been applied according to government norms. They are as follows
- SC/ ST: 5 Years
- OBC: 3 Years
- PH: 10 Years
- PH + OBC: 13 Years
- PH + SC/ST: 15 Years
Minimum Educational Qualification: Similar to age limitation, the minimum educational qualification also varies with the post.
- For the Post of Assistant Audit Officer (AAO), a candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute. It will be a desirable qualification for AAO Post if the candidate is a Chartered Accountant or cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Economics.
- For the Post of Statistical Investigator Gr.II, a candidate must possess atleast a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute and at least 60% in Mathematics at 12th standard or Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
- For the Post of Compiler, a candidate must possess atleast a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective subject.
- For all the other Posts, a candidate must possess atleast a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute
Note: Degree obtained from open Universities/Distance Education is allowed in this exam but, the university must be recognized by Distance Education Council, IGNOU.
You can pay the fees through online mode from 5th May 2018 to 4th June 2018 (5.00PM).
- GEN/OBC – Rs 100/-
- SC/ST/PH/Ex-Servicemen/Woman – No Fees
Other posts you might be interested in: