SBI Clerk Junior Associate Complete Job Profile Details
As everyone knows, SBI is India’s largest public sector bank. Getting entry in SBI as a Clerk is everyone’s dream. As it was a big day for Bank Job aspirants, when the SBI Clerk Recruitment 2016 was announced. But along with announcement, it created a confusion among aspirants regarding the Job Profile.
The reason is this year, SBI had changed the Post Name, to Jr. Associates (Customer Support and Sale). The First impression it gives is that this is a Customer Care or Customer Support Jobs, But this is just half truth and this post explains everything you need to know about this awesome SBI Junior Associate Recruitment 2016.
Benefits of Joining SBI at the post of Probationary Officer in 2016:
- Brand SBI
- Provides exposure to employees
- No service Bonds
- Greater opportunities for career growth
- Possibility of working abroad
SBI Junior Associate Job Profile (Roles and Responsibility):
- Understanding job profile of any post is as important as paying attention to the salary. If you are aware about all the aspects of the job profile it will easier for you to adjust at the time of joining and answer the question at the time of interview.
- First and foremost the job of a clerical cadre is to deal with customers and their inquiries.
- On job role you also have to deal with all the exercise on the withdrawal & deposit counters. This is the reason some banks mention clerk as single window operators or cashiers.
- They are responsible for accepting payments, sanction withdrawals, and verify cheques, issue demand drafts & other banking related services to customers.
- Other back-office work like receipts collection, ledger maintenance, balance tally & other transactions must be keyed in the computer systems after office hours.
- In addition to this, clerks may also have to take-up marketing of financial products of bank such as loans, deposits, schemes to visitors. This is the reason why this year SBI has modified the name of the post to Jr. Associate (customer support and sales)
Pay Scale for SBI Clerk / Jr.Associate:
PAY SCALE 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110-2120/1-30230-1310/1-31540 .
In Metro Cities like Mumbai Pay band / Salary : INR 20950
In class Y cities with 20% DA Pay band / Salary : INR 20000
In class Z cities with 19% DA Pay band / Salary : INR 19000
Jr. Associate post is not a small post do not neglect it. This Jr Associate post will come under clerical department.
Starting salary / pay scale in hand for newly joined clerical cadre employee will get around Rs.20950 Per month in mumbai inclusive of D.A. and other SBI Clerk Salary allowances & Facilities at the current rate. Allowances may vary depending upon the place of posting. They were eligible to get reimbursement of various perquisites, Provident Fund, Gratuity, Pension under New Pension Scheme, Medical, Leave fare and other facilities, as per the instructions of the Bank as may be issued from time to time. SBI Clerk Salary increases high after two to years from the date of joining. The increment in SBI Clerk Salary after pay revision will be done by SBI.
SBI Clerk Salary is better than the other public sector bank clerk salary. Now-a-days banking sector providing high increments in salaries.
SBI Transfer Policy:
SBI has been phenomenal with its female personnel by providing them easy transfer norms. It is worth appreciation that they are in support of women empowerment and will be opening “ONLY WOMEN BRANCHES” in all the districts in India to encourage women.
- 5 years transfer policy
- Easy transfer for women (married unmarried)
- The policy will not apply at the centers where there is only one office of the Bank
The employees due for in-cadre promotion will invariably be transferred to another branch at the same station or outside if they have completed 5 years stay at one office.
We hope that after going through this article the SBI-Junior Associates 2016 aspirants will have a fair idea about the Job profile of SBI Junior Associates.
Other posts you might be interested in: