Preparation Tips for IB ACIO Exam 2017 – 10 Important Tips
10 Important Tips to Prepare for IB ACIO Exam 2017: The Recruitment Examination for IB ACIO will be conducted on 15th October. IB will be selecting eligible candidates for the post of Assistant Central Intelligence Officer (ACIO) in the IB Department. A sum total of 1430 vacancies have to be filled this year.
Important Tips to Prepare for IB ACIO Exam 2017
The 4 sections of ACIO Tier 1 Exam 2017 are General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, Analytical Ability & English Language. Refer to the following table to better understand the IB ACIO Exam Pattern & Marking Scheme. Below given is the detail of IB ACIO Grade II Tier 1 and Tier 2.
|Exam Structure||Mode of Examination||Subjects||Marks||Duration|
|Tier 1 – Objective Type||General Awareness||100||60 Minutes|
|Tier 2 – Descriptive Type||Essay On one of the Topic||50||60 Minutes|
|Total||150 Marks||120 Minutes|
- There will be negative marking of ¼ mark for each wrong answer in Tier-I.
- No marks would be awarded for an un-attempted question.
- Only those candidates would be called for Tier-II exam who come up to a certain standard in Tier-I.
- For Tier-II examination, there will be a minimum cut off marks of 33%.
Here is the list of some golden tips to be remembered to boost up your performance in IB ACIO examination 2017.
- Focus on negative words like “not”, “non”, “un”. These words sometimes remain unread in hurry but leave an impact resulting in a negative score. Just read every Question carefully.
- You should also practice projecting or imagining things in 3D for Visual /Non-Verbal Questions like Dice, Mirror Image, Hidden Image, Paper folding etc. It will help in solving such problems.
- For Usual Reasoning Questions like Directions, Blood Relation etc. Make sure you have an accurate understanding of Directions and Blood Relations.
- Be updated with what’s going around i.e. Focus on Current Affairs
- Don’t just use your free thoughts, analyze the data given smartly and use appropriate tricks and method for solving any problem.
- Prepare notes of static affairs for the last three months of important news, economy news and corporate affairs and revise them to keep yourselves perfect in Static Portion.
- Go through previous year Question Papers and try to derive a pattern of topics that are repeated every year. This will give you an idea about the important topics and help you in setting the priority.
- Don’t waste time on a particular question because time will definitely be an important factor in IB ACIO Exams.
- Learn List of formulas for topics like Interest, Percentages etc
- Try to find shortcut Tricks on topics like Cube Roots, Squares, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Percentage, Time & Work etc.
Other posts you might be interested in: