Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana – Saubhagya
|Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana –“Saubhagya”|
|Objective||To provide electrification to all households in the country.|
|Ministry||Ministry of Power|
|Nodal Agency||Rural Electrification Corporation|
|Project Cost||Rs.16320 Crores
Rural households : Rs. 14,025 crore
Urban households : Rs. 2,295 crore
|Funded By||Government of India|
|Launched on||September 25, 2017|
|Launched by||Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi|
|To be completed by||31st of December 2018.|
- The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has launched a new scheme on September 25, 2017-Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana –“Saubhagya” to ensure electrification of all willing households in the country in rural as well as urban areas.
- The total cost of the project is Rs. 16, 320 crore while the Gross Budgetary Support (GBS) is Rs. 12,320 crore.
- The Government of India will mostly provide the funds for the Scheme to all States/UTs.
- The States and Union Territories are expected to complete the works of household electrification by the 31st of December 2018.
- The beneficiaries for free electricity connections shall be identified using Socio Economic and Caste Census (SECC) 2011 data.
- Un-electrified households that are not covered under the SECC data would also be provided electricity connections under the scheme on payment of Rs. 500 which shall be recovered by DISCOMs( Electricity Distribution Companies) in 10 instalments through electricity bill.
Comprises of :
For un-electrified households, which are located in remote and inaccessible areas, the pack comprises of
- The solar power packs of 200 to 300 WP with battery bank
- Five LED lights,
- One DC fan,
- One DC power plug.
- It also includes the Repair and Maintenance (R&M) for 5 years.
Expected outcome :
- Environmental upgradation by substitution of Kerosene for lighting purposes
- Improvement education services
- Better health services
- Enhanced connectivity through radio, television, mobiles, etc.
- Increased economic activities and jobs
- Improved quality of life especially for women
For easy & accelerated implementation of the Scheme , modern technology shall be used for household survey by using Mobile App.
Beneficiaries would be identified and their application for electricity connection along with the photograph of the applicant and identity proof shall be registered.
The Gram Panchayat/Public institutions in the rural areas are to be authorised to collect application forms along with complete documentation, distribute bills and collect revenue in consultation with the Panchayat Raj Institutions and Urban Local Bodies.
The Rural Electrification Corporation Limited (REC), the PSU,Public Sector Enterprise of India with Navratna status, will remain the nodal agency for the implementation.
Other posts you might be interested in: