IBPS SO Marketing Officer – Job Profile
IBPS SO 2016-17 exam will be conducted on the 28th & 29th January 2017 (tentatively) as per the official notification by IBPS. An insight about the overall Job Profile of IBPS SO Marketing Officer. Total 946 vacancies have been released this year under IBPS SO Exam.
IBPS Marketing officer plays an important role in bank. He/She is responsible for increasing the sales to make it more profitable. A marketing officer is involved in all types of marketing, social media & networking events. The Job responsibilities may vary as per the scale of the post & size of the organisation. Marketing Officer may have different fields opportunities as well.
The Candidate should be Graduate and Full time MMS (Marketing) / MBA (Marketing) / Full time 2 years PGDBA / PGDBM/ PGPM/ PGDM with specialization in Marketing.
Responsibilities of a Marketing Officer
- She/he takes care of all the marketing and promotional activities in a given state/region or nationwide.
- Marketing team is responsible for conceptualizing and design of advertisements, taking the bank’s message to masses.
- Marketing Officer co-ordinates with advertisement agencies in order to draft various forms of communication.
- She/he develops various marketing strategies and plans to boost up sales and profits.
- Marketing Officer is also required to search for new services and Products of the Banks.
The Salary Scale for the year 2016-17 includes:
|Basic Pay||Annual Increment||Number of Years|
The approximate salary of SO Marketing Officer is around 30,000 – 38,000 per month.
As a Marketing Officer, there are immense opportunities to grow in any organisation. Career growth of a Marketing Officer follows the below mentioned hierarchy:-
- Junior Management Grade Scale – I Officer
- Middle Management Grade Scale – 2 Manager
- Middle Management Grade Scale – 3 Senior Manager
- Senior Management Grade Scale – 4 Chief Manager
- Senior Management Grade Scale – 5 Assistant General Manager
- Top Management Grade Scale – 6 Deputy General Manager
- Top Management Grade Scale – 7 General Manager
Every bank/organisation follows different promotion policies & channels of promotion but the responsibilities of the Marketing Officer remain same in government as well as in private organisation.
Other posts you might be interested in: