How to Prepare for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains English Language
The Mains Exam for the selection of IBPS RRB CWE-VI Recruitment for the post of Officer Scale-I will be held in the month of November. With just a few days left, candidates preparing for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains Exam need to concentrate more on maximising speed and accuracy in the overall paper.
It is very important for all the applicants to be completely aware of the exam pattern before they begin with their preparation.
IBPS RRB Mains 2017: Officer Scale 1
The shortlisted candidates will be called for the final paper for IBPS RRB Recruitment 2017. This will be again an objective MCQ based paper, but with more questions and sections. For IBPS RRB Mains Examination, there will be 5 sections.
- Reasoning Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Awareness
- English/ Hindi Language
- Computer Language
The total number of questions in IBPS RRB Phase II Examination will be 200.
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|English/ Hindi Language||40||40|
The most important details regarding IBPS RRB Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme for Mains Examination are as follows.
- The Written Examination will be bilingual i.e. English/ Hindi (except for the language section).
- There will be 200 questions in total.
- The maximum marks for IBPS RRB Mains will be 200.
- For every wrong attempt, 1/4th mark of the total score of the question will be deducted.
- The total time will be 2 Hours (120 minutes).
The scores achieved in Mains Examination for IBPS Rural Regional Bank Recruitment will be the deciding factor for moving to the final round.
IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains English Trend: Topic-Wise Distribution
Keeping in mind the time limitations, here are a few tips and tricks to solve questions based on various English Topics for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains Examination. Go through each section properly and try to use this in the upcoming examination.
Tips to Solve Reading Comprehension Questions in IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains 2017 Examination
- Try to skim/ scan through the paragraph as quickly as possible. Make sure you mark all the essential words as you read along.
- The First and the last Paragraph are crucial. Most cases, they help navigate the central theme of the passage.
- Time Management is important. Incase you are stuck with an impossible set of sentences, it is recommended that you skip and move to the next section.
- Work on improving your Vocabulary. Sometimes, there are specific words in a passage which change the meaning in a drastic way. Only the ones with strong vocabulary can solve these.
- Solve Previous Years Papers. You get to know a lot about the level of examination based on what asked earlier.
Tips to Solve Synonyms & Antonyms Questions in IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains 2017 Examination
- Inculcate Eclectic Reading in your routine. Reading from various sources like textbooks, novels, blogs etc. helps in building a versatile vocabulary.
- Maintain a separate notebook. Whenever you come across an essential/ important/ new word, make sure you enter this in your notebook for future use.
- Understand Word Usage from Dictionary. Since there is literally an infinite number of words, it is advisable to learn the usage of words from the dictionary based on alphabet breakdown and combination.
- Try and build sentences using Synonyms and Antonyms. It is considered a better learning exercise to introduce various synonyms and antonyms in your daily vocabulary for faster learning.
- Mug up the most commonly used Synonyms and Antonyms. Based on previous years papers and other bank exams, you can make a list of most commonly used words and learn them by heart.
Tips to Solve Paragraph Completion Questions in IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains 2017 Examination
- First, try and understand the meaning of the paragraph. Most candidates miss out a crucial detail and this results in selecting the wrong option. All the sentences need to be in proper sync to make the paragraph meaningful.
- Locate any break in continuity. Elaborating further on the point made above, the passage needs to in complete sync. Any option which breaks the continuity at any point will be the wrong option.
- Detect the Overall Tone. Quite similar to the meaning of the passage will be the tone. The tone of the passage will directly help understand the outcome/ conclusion. Keep that in mind while solving paragraph completion questions.
Tips to Solve Sentence Exclusion Questions in IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains 2017 Examination
- Treat them as a New Form of Parajumbles. In reality, most questions asked in sentence exclusion carry a relevant theme to parajumble questions. Hence, your approach could be similar.
- Identify the chronologically correct first sentence. This sentence will definitely help introduce a definitive tone, structure, and meaning to the passage.
- Connectors will be extremely helpful. Your knowledge of understanding connectors will be put to test here. Understand the tone and work with connectors in each sentence. There needs to be coherence.
- A sentence will be out of tone. That sentence is the odd one out, and your answer but this can only work if you follow the above mentioned 3 steps.
Tips to Solve Sentence Connector Questions in IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains 2017 Examination
- Build a relation on Tenses. Questions based on Sentence Connector mostly rely on coherence in tenses. Make sure each sentence maintains that.
- The Tone remains unchanged. No matter what happens, the overall tone needs to be fluid throughout.
- Identify critical prepositions and connectors. In each sentence, there will be 1-2 binding words which will directly point out to a definitive sentence. Find them and check if they fit in the right order.
Other posts you might be interested in: