How to Attempt IBPS RRB Assistant Mains 2017 – Do’s and Don’ts
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection will conduct IBPS RRB Assistant Mains examination on 12.11.2017 for the post of Office Assistant. With a number of countable hours left, it is apt to publish the final tips for both preparation and revision, which will help candidates understand how to attempt IBPS RRB Assistant Mains Examination.
To crack IBPS RRB Assistant Mains 2017 Examination, candidates need to apply a focused strategy. In this article, we will help aspirants by providing some Do’s and Don’ts on how to attempt IBPS RRB Assistant Mains 2017 Examination.
IBPS RRB Assistant Mains Exam Pattern
IBPS RRB Mains Examination will contain a total of 200 questions from all the subjects. Number of questions from each subject is 40. The total time allotted to solve these 200 questions is 2 hours.
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|English/ Hindi Language||40||40|
If the candidate clears this exam, he/she will be selected for the post of IBPS RRB Office Assistant.
Attempt IBPS RRB Assistant Mains 2017: Preparation Tips
In order to crack IBPS RRB Assistant Mains 2017, you need to develop a strategy instead of a study plan. Here are a few pointer which might help you.
- Focus more on Analogy and Syllogism based Questions. They can be easily solved and do not take much of your time.
- Questions based on Statement and Assumption, Coding-Decoding and Puzzles require Critical Thinking. If your daily practice didn’t include these questions, maybe skipping these in IBPS Mains might be the way to be.
- You might require additional time for solving problems based on Blood Relations, Data Sufficiency and Seating Arrangement. The level of difficulty is also in the range of moderate to hard.
- DI consists of Bar Graphs, Pie Charts and Tables. If you are quick in calculations, do not skip this section. The questions are pretty straightforward.
- Simplification based questions should be the next target. Try and learn the values of commonly used approximations in advance.
- Avoid lengthy calculations. Much like every examination, you need to leverage calculation speed over time. Try learning a few shortcut tricks to calculate the solution faster.
- Reading Comprehension can be time consuming. Try skimming and reading at a faster pace as the language might be confusing.
- Synonyms Antonyms and Sentence Improvement based questions should be solved right after Cloze Test. They can be solved pretty quickly provided you take them up early in exam. Read the directions properly before marking an answer.
- Current Affairs and GK updates occured in the month of August to November 2017. A lot of questions are asked from the few months leading upto the examination.
- Banking is priority. You need to focus majorly on Banking Terms and latest developments in the world of banking.
- Avoid guess work. You need to score big or just skip.
- Do not go deep in the subject. This is a pretty straightforward section. Even if any tough questions are asked, you can skip those.
- Do not dedicate a large share of your time to computer section. You’ll either know the answer or you won’t. A mere 15-20 minutes will be ideal.
Let’s move to the Do’s & Don’ts for IBPS RRB Assistant Mains Exam 2017.
Do’s & Don’ts for IBPS RRB Assistant Mains Exam 2017
- Before attempting, always make sure to read the question and related values carefully and then answer.
- Always try to solve easy questions first as a major portion of the paper will be completed which will boost your confidence and you will also have more time to solve difficult questions towards the end.
- Carry your Photo ID Proof in original along with its photocopy on your exam date
- You need to dedicate time to the topics you are confident in rather than face an entirely new challenge. Try and solve the easiest looking problems first. This will definitely boost your confidence.
- You need to focus on your strengths and manage to maximize your accuracy rather than attempts. Getting Correct Answers will help in elevating your marks as well as confidence.
- Don’t waste your time on imposing and trying to fit in the answers for theoretical questions by hook or by crook. You either know the answer or you don’t. Hence, only attempt if know the answer, otherwise skip it.
- Never play the guessing game if you are unsure about the answer for a specific question. All you are going to do is compromise your overall score as negative marking is applicable for incorrect answers.
- Avoid questions that involve lengthy calculations. Mark them for later review. If you have time left in the end, you can come back to them later.
Other posts you might be interested in: